1. Crossroad School – Jack and Jill of America, Inc.- Houston Chapter and our teens will help the students of Crossroad School to plant a garden on the school grounds. The objective is to teach the students responsibility, confidence, and social skills.
2. Woodson K-8 Leadership Academy Reading Room - Jack and Jill of America, Inc.- Houston Chapter partners with Woodson K-8 Leadership Academy to volunteer time and talents reading to the Pre-K - 1st grade students in an effort to enhance their development and to encourage a "journey of adventure" through imagination. This service project is an ongoing program for our committee.
3. March of Dimes (Houston Chapter) – Jack and Jill of America, Inc. - Houston Chapter will be included with the South Central Region, to form a partnership with the March of Dimes - Houston Chapter, to volunteer and help raise awareness of birth defects. Our chapter will participate as a team in the March of Dimes annual walk held in April. Our community service committee will also participate in the Honey Child program offered at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church. This program is 1 of 2 in Texas that is one recognized by the March of Dimes.
4. Sisters Network (Houston Chapter) – Jack and Jill of America, Inc. - Houston Chapter will have our teens make motivational cards, collect blankets and pillows to give to the survivors and patients. Our mother body will participate in "Stop the Silence" Sisters Network Annual Walk held in April.
5. Holt House Boys and Girls Club Houston, Texas – Jack and Jill of America, Inc. - Houston Chapter mother body and families will donate new and gently worn costumes and other items for children goodie bags to the Holt House Boys and Girls Club. The Community Service Committee will collect the donated costumes and assemble all goodie bags for more than 75 children. The items collected will be used at the Holt House Fall Festival and a local fraternity will trick-or- treat with the children using the donated items from our chapter.
6. The Outreach Program, Inc. – Jack and Jill of America, Inc. - Houston Chapter will participate in collecting toys for The Outreach Program, Inc.'s annual toy drive. This non-profit organization provides toys to over 1500 disadvantaged children every Christmas.